Hill-Rom Team Leader in Seattle, Washington
Title: Team Leader
Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
The Team Leader provides direction to service center personnel and is involved in the daily activities to meet or exceed operational goals and objectives. The Team Leader will effectively communicate with the local sales and service team and customers to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness. The Team Leader is expected to promote and sustain Continuous Improvement, develop new hires and take progressive steps in maintaining a safe work environment. This position has direct customer contact and is authorized to transfer and/or position place patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
• Coordinate daily work assignments, oversee and engage in field and warehouse activities.
• Manage equipment transfers and cycle counts to ensure an accurate on site inventory.
• Manage parts spending and inventory to meet Service Center(s) needs.
• Exhibit excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills.
• Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities. Safety training, meeting and medical testing requirements are kept up-to-date; ensure that standard work is followed.
• Assisting Team in achieving measures and goals by monitoring reports from FSO, JDE, and Cognos.
• Root Cause and Countermeasure deployment to SOM.
• Actively involved with new hire process (participate in the interview with the SOM, training, development, etc)
• Manage schedules for work, various shifts, on-call, and vacation.
• Participate in the on-call rotation as required.
• Work with SOM, Sales, Service Team and /or the Customer to resolve issues and improve service.
• Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
• Ensure Team compliance to all company policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense and fleet reporting, maintenance and calibration of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
• All other duties assigned.
The Team Leader is a leadership role without management authority. The Team leader participates in the hiring process, oversees work distribution and supports the manager with administering discipline to employees.
• When duties require must have a valid driver's license and driving record that meets Company standards.
• 18 Years or Older (Cannot operate vehicles that exceed 10,000 lbs. if under Age 21)
• Willingness to travel for periods up to one week.
• Meets Expectations or better on the Year End APEX and “On-Track” for the current year’s performance
• No Corrective Action in the last 12 months
• No Avoidable Vehicle Accidents (AVA) in the last 12 months (AVP can review to determine qualification)
• Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
• Previous driving/delivery experience is preferred
• Perform all Essential Job Functions
• Able to perform Basic Administrative Tasks
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. Two year Associate Technical Degree preferred.
• Experience with medical devices, FDA regulated products preferred.
• Ability to use computer to perform assignments including proficient use of required software programs including MS Word, MS Excel.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
• Able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
• Stand/walk for extended periods of time
At Hill-Rom, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties.