Parsons Corporation SCA-Engineering Technician IV in Renton, Washington
SCA-Engineering Technician IV
Renton, Washington, United States
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
• Performs site surveys and inspections as frequently as necessary to ensure the required work is accomplished satisfactorily and
conforms to the contract requirements.
• Monitors site safety requirements.
• Review, File, Log, and process, as required, Construction Documents, Pay Requests, Submittals, Transmittals, Request for
Information (RFIs), Change Orders and comments. Processing may include (read, convert to PDF file, save on the FAA system, and
distribute to others).
• Conducts constructability reviews.
• Participates in Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI), as required.
• Keeps a detailed daily log on the status of assigned projects.
• Documents construction progress through reports and pictures.
• Submits weekly progress reports and participates in weekly construction meetings.
• Construction inspections to confirm conformance to Contract Documents.
• Issues Advisory Notices and Near Miss reports, when necessary.
• Reviews project schedules and As Built Drawings.
• Escort contractors.
• Identify possible construction problems and suggest resolutions.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management (or EQUILAVENT) is preferred but not required.
• Extensive mechanical civil construction experience is a must.
• The Eng. Tech shall be capable of, but not limited to, interpreting Construction Contract documents including drawing, specifications,
and government rules and regulations.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends, is a must.
• Basic knowledge of OSHA requirements applicable to the construction industry (OSHA 30 preferred).
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to use additional company software applications.
• Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
• Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of
duties and functions in a fast paced environment
• Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision and complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with
others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
• Self-motivated and self-disciplined with can-do attitude.
• Must be able to walk unassisted across developed and undeveloped construction sites and travel unassisted.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world. For more about Parsons, please visit.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.