Universal Avionics Systems Corporation Quality Assurance Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Universal Avionics Systems Corporation, an industry leader in avionics systems technology is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer for our Northwest Engineering Division located in Redmond, WA. The ideal candidate has a commitment to quality and collaboration. You will be joining a highly energetic and highly capable team of various engineering disciplines that pioneer and maintain the Universal Avionics product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Assurance activities to support the Quality Management System (QMS) and specific regulatory compliance (i.e. RTCA/DO-178B development).
- Assures all software and firmware development, verification and configuration management activities comply with approved plans and standards.
- Reviews planning documents.
- Completes Test Readiness Reviews and Conformity Reviews.
- Identifies quality problems and approves corrective action.
- Participates in QMS audits; conducts audits for compliance to RTCA/DO-200A.
- Work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline.
- 2 -5 years’ experience in development or verification.
- Demonstrates good judgment in decision making, handling challenges, resolving conflict and critical thinking.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of RTCA/DO-178B or DO-178C, RTCA/DO-254, AS9100, ISO 9001.
- Understands the concept of the customer – not just the end customer, but others within the organization.
- Understands why process in important (satisfy customers, reduce defects, safety, etc.).
Job Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 1041247