Washington State DSHS Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 4 in Centralia, Washington
Join us in Transforming Lives!
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff to provide services for residents in a secure facility for adults at the Office of Forensic Mental Health Services in the Maple Competency Restoration Program located in Centralia (formerly known as Maple Lane School). The anticipated end date of this project is June 30, 2019.
In this role you'll supervise Residential Rehabilitation Counselors in a multi disciplinary team, which is responsible for implementing a therapeutic environment through effective management of treatment strategies, proactive interventions and monitoring of patients behaviors.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Supervise and monitor Residential Rehabilitation Counselors in carrying out specific duties and assignments
- Establishes work schedules, authorizes routine overtime and assigns work to staff
- Supervise job performance and provides constructive feedback, evaluation and performance improvement measures
- Consults with clinical staff and functions as a liaison in the evaluation, treatment and management of patients
- Supervises implementation of behavior management procedures and clinical intervention when a resident is violent, suicidal or has behavioral difficulties
- Assists in development and implementation of directed treatment and management plans for the patients
- Assists in conducting investigations, answer questions of patients and visitors concerning rules, regulations and procedures and assist in processing grievances as requested
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for competency restoration, methods and techniques of supervision of a trauma informed therapeutic milieu, and forensic mental health treatment programs
- Ability to supervise, instruct and evaluate personnel
- Experience working with children or adults with mental illness conditions
Who should apply? Professionals with a high school diploma or GED and four years of experience caring for psychiatric patients, residents or inmates in behavioral management program, forensic mental health or correctional mental health settings Or Two years of experience as a supervisor or lead worker and two years' experience in the care of psychiatric patients, residents or inmates
*College level coursework in one of the social sciences may substitute for the required experience
Questions? Please contact Lindsay Taylor at (509) 363-4971 and reference #02445. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,436.00 - $4,506.00 Monthly
Location: Lewis County – Centralia, WA
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-02445
Closing: 3/20/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact