Washington State DSHS Financial Services Specialist in Bremerton, Washington
Financial Services Specialist 1 - 3 Do you like working in a fast paced environment? Are you a quick learner with a positive team player attitude? We need your customer service skills at the Statewide Customer Service Contact Center (CSCC), with the Child Care West team in Bremerton to perform intake and/or initial and ongoing eligibility determinations for a variety of financial programs. You will screen applicants to identify those needing special assistance in accessing Community Services Division (CSD) programs and services.
This opening may be filled at the FSS 1, 2, or 3 level. If hired as a FSS 1 or 2, you will progressively advance to the goal of FSS 3 after successful completion of an in-training plan to develop the required skills within this field.
Some of what you'll do:
- Conduct intensive interviews to determine eligibility for financial, Medical and/or food assistance benefits
- Obtain and review necessary data, documents, and verification for each program
- Analyze written and oral information to assist in eligibility determination
- Explain program requirements, application procedures, verification needs, and other questions regarding benefits or available services
- Process reported changes in client circumstances, assessing effect of reported changes on continuing eligibility and updating the case as necessary
- Establish over/underpayments when errors occur
- Attend trainings, unit meetings and staff meetings. Participate in conferences with supervisor
- Take necessary action to ensure that limited English proficiency customers receive properly translated forms and letters and that they receive translation service from certified contracted translators
Here's what we're looking for:
- Ability to communicate and comprehend (through oral and written forms of communication) with management, peers, clients, and the public
- Ability to use a personal computer and multiple computer applications and automated systems
- Ability to work in a contact center office environment with a primary duty of providing service delivery over the phone
- Ability to work within time frames and deadlines which are dictated by program requirements
- Ability to read and interpret the Washington Administrative Code and procedural manuals to assist in the determination of eligibility
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high volume of work
Who should apply? Those who have a bachelor's degree AND Experience examining/processing loan applications, medical insurance or rehabilitation claims, unemployment insurance claims, or in a customer service job where the major duties involve public contact, or a job providing staff support in financial eligibility determination will substitute, year for year, for education. OR One year of equivalent out-of-state experience conducting financial eligibility determination for public assistance to include financial, medical and food benefit programs.
Financial Services Specialist 2 Six months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist 1, and completion of the agency's Financial Services Specialist Training Program. OR One year of equivalent out-of-state experience conducting financial eligibility determination for public assistance to include financial, medical and food stamp programs.
Financial Services Specialist 3 Nine months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist 2. OR Fifteen months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist and satisfactory completion of the agency's Financial Services Specialist Training Program. OR Equivalent education/experience.
Depending on experience, our top applicant may be hired into an in-training opportunity. Employees hired at the FSS1 or FSS2 level shall progress to the next higher job class level upon successful completion of training.
Salary will be based on qualifications
For questions about job 02342, contact Dave Ozment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,718.00 - $4,191.00 Monthly
Location: Kitsap County – Bremerton, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-02342
Closing: 3/21/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact